Thursday, August 18, 2011

Who says you can't mix work with pleasure?

I started this blog at the end of last year as a creative outlet because I don't always get to write about things that interest and excite me in my job.

This week I was lucky enough to get to produce two segments on two topics of great interest to me and you (my regular readers)!

This is short and sweet because the pkgs do the talking for me.

The first was about a woman who I interviewed over the phone who was on the road to marital bliss before her fiance just weeks before her wedding broke up with her. Left with all the gifts of her relationship, she pondered what to do with them when her step mother thought the idea was a website waiting to happen...and that's what she did.

Meghan Perry with her step mother, Marie, co-created the website exboyfriendjewelry.com (pop onto the site, there are some great steals on there). The site catapulted to success, now reaching up to a million visitors daily and the site has received global coverage (even making it on to The Morning Show). Take a look at Larry and Kylie's interview with her here.

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/the-morning-show/video/-/watch/26308486/diamonds-are-a-girls-ex-friend/


The other story I got to work on was a chat with Psychologist Dr Janet Hall on the difference between lust and love. Lots of research is dedicated to separating fact from fiction or hormones from love. Here, Dr Janet discusses the difference pointing out that lust is all about what you can get from somebody else, whereas love is about what you can give to your partner. Take a look at this one too.

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/the-morning-show/video/-/watch/26308748/lust-at-first-sight/

Some great food for thought.

As always, thanks for reading and watching.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment